Kyiv Art Institute
The Kyiv State Art Institute was a higher educational institution formed in Kyiv in 1924 out of the Kyiv Institute of Plastic Arts, which replaced the Ukrainian State Academy of Arts in 1922 and also the Kyiv Architecture Institute, which was established in 1918. The institute was located in a building that belonged to the former Kyiv Theological Seminary, built in 1898 by Ye. Yermakov. In 1992, the institute was renamed the Ukrainian Academy of Arts. In 1998, the name was changed once again to the National Academy of Art and Architecture. The academy has three faculties: the faculty of art with chairs in painting and composition, graphic art, sculpture, graphic design, set design, and painting technique and restoration. The faculty of architecture has chairs in architectural design, theory and history of architecture, and architectural construction. Finally, the faculty of theory and history of art promotes art studies and research. The Academy enrolls over 1,000 students.
Since 1922, the faculty has included artists and scholars such as Pavlo Aloshyn, Oleksander Verbytsky, Mykhailo Boichuk, Vasyl H. Krychevsky, Fedir Krychevsky, Vasyl Kasiian, Oleksii Shovkunenko, Serhii Hryhoriev, Anatol Petrytsky, Yevhen Sahaidachny, Mykhailo Lysenko, Hryhorii Svitlytsky, Ilarion Pleshchynsky, Tetiana Yablonska, Yurii Asieiev, and Platon Biletsky.
Kyiv City, Kiev, Ukraine 02000
Show on map
Date of founding
"National Academy of Art and Architecture," Internet Encyclopedia of Ukraine, 2013.